- Starting March 23, 2020: 3 meals a day (can be done in one pickup) are now available for NYC school children at 400 sites, Monday through Friday. 7:30 am to 1:30 pm. See link to locate sites.
How to Pick Up a Meal
No registration, ID, or documentation required.
All three meals a day may be picked up at the same time.
No dining space is available, so meals must be eaten off premises.
Parents and guardians may pick up meals for their children. For locations by text:Three meals a day are now available for NYC school children: Text “food” to 877-877 to find out the schools that are giving out food for the students in your area.
2. People who receive SNAP benefits may now use their card to purchase food online from major retailers: https://www.fns.usda.gov/snap/online-purchasing-pilot
3. Assistance with deliveries: Invisible Hands is a group of healthy volunteers from communities at the least risk for severe COVID-19 reactions working to bring groceries and supplies to those in high-risk demographics. Contact them to place an order for yourself or on behalf of family/friend/neighbor. Volunteers needed too! Request a delivery via website https://www.invisiblehandsdeliver.com/request-a-delivery
4. List of Food Pantries and Soup Kitchens All boroughs
5. Food Bank for New York City has a map showing food pantries and soup kitchens. Scroll down to view.
6. Evelyn’s Kitchen
2317 1st Avenue, New York, NY 10035