Every year Bloomingdale alumni return to the classroom to talk to children who will be going to Kindergarten in the fall. It is a chance to ask questions and get answers. Here are some of their questions:
- Can my mommy and daddy and brother go to Kindergarten with me?
- Do you eat snack?
- Do you go to Kindergarten in a bus?
- Do you have tables in the classroom?
- Do you have a globe?
- Do you read?
- Do you get to see your cousin at recess?
- Do you do homework in Kindergarten?
- Can we lie down in Kindergarten?
- Do you have school every day?
- Do you have picnics in Kindergarten?
- At what time do the mommies pick you up?
- Where is Kindergarten?
- Do you have pets in Kindergarten?
The children were able to ask their questions and hear the different answers from the visitors. They learned that schools do things differently, but that many things will be the same about school.