The Bloomingdale Family Program's mission is to serve preschool children and families living in poverty in upper Manhattan. Our educational program fosters children's growth in all areas of development — intellectual, physical, and emotional — and builds a foundation for success as they begin their educational journey. Parents are our partners in the educational process. At Bloomingdale they gain experience to become advocates for their children and to reach toward their own aspirations.
For more than 50 years, the Bloomingdale Family Program has been a lifeline for these vulnerable families who strive for a better life for themselves and their children and we continue to strive to meet the evolving needs of our community.
What your contribution means to us:
- $75 pays for two sessions of speech or play therapy for a special-needs preschool child
- $100 provides three afternoons of Homework Help for an at-risk child in kindergarten to third grade
- $200 provides three weeks of extended after-hours care to assist working parents
- $500 equips a classroom with books and learning materials to build bilingual literacy
- $1000 helps us purchase classroom tablets and computers for children with limited access to technology