The Bloomingdale Family Program, Inc. is seeking to fill an opening for the position of Administrative Assistant.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide support to the Executive Director at all times, maintain consistent communication and occasionally takes the lead in implementing directives of the Executive Director.
• Maintain comprehensive personnel and volunteer files ensuring information is up to date and accurate.
• Maintains the Executive Directors office in order.
• Handle incoming telephone calls, screen and redirect where appropriate
• Assists with preparation of proposals, funding applications, self-assessments, program component plans, program information report, permit renewal, etc.
• Must have some administrative experience.
• Ability to deal constructively and supportively with current, former and prospective parents, agency staff and volunteers.
• Ability to relate to all persons who have contact with the agency, maintaining professionalism at all times.
• Willingness to accept supervision.
• Capacity to grow and carry out new responsibilities in keeping with changing needs.
• Familiarity with Human Resources requirements
. • Ability to observe strict confidentiality.
• Takes initiative Qualifications:
• High School Diploma (minimum)
• Spanish speaking (preferred but not required)
• Knowledge of computers and specifically use of applications such as Word and Excel.
We request that applicant’s mail, or e-mail their resumes to:
Bloomingdale Family Program, Inc.
987 Columbus Avenue
New York, NY 10025
Attn: José F. Velilla, Executive Director
hover to reveal email address
The Bloomingdale Family Program is “An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.